The following appeared on the Catholic Courier site yesterday ...
Catholics from throughout the 12-county Diocese of Rochester with questions about their faith can get answers during the "Catholic Call-In" from 2 to 7 p.m. Tuesday, May 12, by calling toll-free 1-866-595-8575. The call-in is a part of the diocesanwide three-year Spirit Alive! spiritual renewal.
Catholic gestures, annulment, divorce and marriage are all potential topics for questions. A call-in also was conducted last May and drew more than 80 queries on topics including church doctrine, mortal sin, heaven, hell and the Sunday obligation to attend Mass.
I can think of several other "potential topics for questions" not mentioned in the article:
- The ongoing practice of allowing the non-ordained to preach homilies at Mass.
- The reasoning behind the appointment of Women's Ordination Conference members to positions of parish leadership.
- The ongoing invitations to prominent dissidents to speak in DOR.
- The total failure of Spirit Alive! to stop or even slow down the decline in Mass attendance.
- The decisions of many local men to take their vocations elsewhere and the effect this has had on our priest "shortage."
Anyone care to extend the list?