MPNNow.com has posted an update on the progress of St. John Bosco Schools
Significant highlights include
- Interviewing potential teachers is underway.
- The school will be located in southeastern Monroe County or northwestern Ontario County.
- Parents of 80 to 100 children have expressed an interest in enrolling their children at the St. John Bosco Schools.
- About 30 to 40 percent of the children are from St. John of Rochester in Perinton.
- The Steering Committee is in the process of setting up a board and taking other actions necessary to incorporate as a not-for-profit entity.
- A classical education patterned after the Washington-based Angelicum Academy (www.angelicumacademy.net) will be offered. A classical education focuses on developing lifelong learning, unlike many other education models that are information-based and focus on memorization.
- Tuition for 2008-09 will be $1,500, plus $300 to $400 for books.